Friday, December 7, 2012

On the Order in Which I Plan to Buy (Also a damn good gun shop)

Today, I'd like to talk about the order in which I intend to buy my weapons, and maybe talk about a couple other things while I'm at it. Firstly, I intend to get a Ruger 10/22, or a Henry H001. When I'm able to consistently get one inch groups with the .22, then I'd move on to a shotgun. I've not done too much research regarding shotguns, so I can't say specifically what make and model I'd like, but I'd like a double barrel (side by side) 12 gauge. After I'm proficient with that, I'd move on to a handgun. I've looked into many handguns, all of which many people would swear by, but I can't quite narrow it down to one. Were I to buy a revolver, I'd like a single action .38 spcl. I have a much more vague opinion on autoloading pistols. Both Glock and Colt seem to have great weapons in their pistol line, and Browning and Ruger are no slouches either. With that out of the way, I'll talk about my recent experience with a local gun shop. Out on school related business, the other day, I stumbled upon the SM Gun Shop, which I've heard about online. I decided to stop by and look through their wares, and maybe gab at an employee. While I was there, I found that they had a broad selection ranging from things you'd always expect to see at any old gun shop, (SKS's, AR-15's, 1911's, etc.) to a number of things less common anymore. (45-70's, 16 Gauges...) What I was really pleased with, however, was the staff. They were knowledgeable,and very friendly in their service. Most shops I've visited, were either complete novices to the gun world (One clerk didn't even know what my grandpa was talking about when he asked if he had a magazine for a Colt Ace!) Long story short, the SM Gun Shop is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment