Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reloading Supply Jackpot

As I may have said, (I'm too lazy to check my older posts) I intend to start reloading someday. Some would say it's putting the cart before the horse, but I've seen enough of a shortage in ammo and reloading supplies that I believe that building a sizable stock ahead of time may be quite useful in times of high demand. So, on a spontaneous trip to the gun shop (I have no money, but I still like to look around) I looked around, found a couple nice used AKs and a good looking Remington 870, and after talking to an employee for a bit, I found a box full of spent Fiocchi 12 gauge shotshells marked "FREE." Deciding not to look a "gift" horse in the mouth, I quickly alerted the clerk that I'd be taking it, and walked out.

The shells were rather unceremoniously thrown into the box, which seemed to be haphazardly taped shut around it's overflowing cargo. Upon further inspection, they were quite dirty, as if they'd been stored in some forgotten closet for some few years. Some of the shells were missing their spent primers, some of which I managed to find in the box. After seeing that a couple seemed to have mangled, half formed crimps, I decided that someone must have tried to reload them, but had little luck, so he gave up and offloaded them


As you can see, I rearranged them for easier storage, and I intend to clean them up for future use. I may not have a shotgun, but ideally, when I have a shotgun, and a reloading setup, there will be one less supply I'll need to build. 

That's all for now, so until next time, kill some time and spill some brass!

No comments:

Post a Comment